— UPDATE: POSITION FILLED —
We are seeking an individual to support and manage the marketing efforts of Cultural Heritage Partners, PLLC. We envision the position as an hourly role in which the individual would work 15-20 hours/week. For candidates with a background in historic preservation and/or education, there is a possibility to combine the marketing position with the ARCUS Program Manager opening, which would create a full time employment role with full firm benefits.
Cultural Heritage Partners, PLLC is a mission-driven law, policy, and strategy firm with offices in Washington, D.C., New York, NY, and Richmond, VA. CHP offers a full array of professional services to tribes, NGOs, governments, and private sector clients who have cultural preservation and growth as part of their mission. CHP also leads national initiatives focused on improving outcomes for cultural heritage, including ARCUS, a groundbreaking leadership development program that aims to diversify, strengthen, and sustain the historic and cultural heritage preservation movement for the next 50 years and the Coalition for American Heritage, an advocacy coalition comprised of 350,000 members seeking additional government support for historic preservation.
About the Marketing Coordinator Position:
CHP is a growing firm, and we are ready for dedicated marketing expertise. The Marketing Coordinator will develop and implement a strategy for content marketing that includes blog posts, press releases, social media outreach, and sharing firm employee expertise through online videos, webinars, and other media. The hire will also manage the firm’s sponsorship and hosting of events, evaluate which opportunities are worthwhile, and manage participation. The Marketing Coordinator will also provide recommendations regarding topics like search engine optimization and the efficacy of online marketing and create marketing materials. Some familiarity with historic preservation industries is preferred.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess:
- Background in marketing with skills related to social media, graphics, presentation design, and writing
- Creative and critical thinking regarding marketing and business development
- Some familiarity with historic preservation and cultural heritage industries and coordinating online ads
- Excellent writing ability
- Social media savvy
- A willingness to use technical tools like WordPress, Canva, GotoWebinar
- Basic video editing skills (preferred)
- Ability to work independently (especially if remote work is desired)
- Ability to manage projects with several participants, follow up, and bring projects to completion
The position’s primary responsibilities will be to:
- Manage the firm’s social media presence, in line with professional responsibilities of law firms (we will provide training on the relevant ethical requirements of legal profession)
- Manage monthly blog posts: take the lead on topic brainstorming, coordinate with the team member drafting the post each month, edit with the partner, then post the content on the blog and share/distribute it online
- Recommend and implement revisions to the firm’s website and search engine optimization
- Assist attorneys with developing presentations for speaking engagements to ensure consistency of brand and design quality
- Consider whether the firm should engage in paid marketing, such as Google Ads
- Craft a quarterly e-newsletter to go out to all firm contacts
- Assist with client retention; manage holiday gift list
This position is based in our Richmond, Virginia office, although we will consider candidates who wish to work remotely throughout the U.S. Travel is not required, and there is considerable flexibility regarding when the hours are worked. To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 20. Please include job title(s) in the subject line and clearly state in your letter whether you are applying for the Marketing Coordinator position only or also the ARCUS Program Manager to create a full time position with full firm benefits. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.