UPDATE: POSITION FILLED
Cultural Heritage Partners, PLLC (CHP) is a mission-driven law and public policy firm committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. CHP offers a full array of professional services to tribes, NGOs, governments, and private sector clients who have cultural preservation and growth as part of their mission.
We need additional administrative support for our growing team. We seek a professional Executive Assistant with a four-year college degree and at least five years of applicable experience to support a busy partner.
- Manage an extremely active calendar of appointments
- Participate in meetings with the executive, take notes, and follow up with all participants on assigned tasks
- Work closely and effectively with the partner to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the partner, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature
- Prioritize tasks; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
- Arrange travel plans, itineraries, and agendas
- Complete expense reports, file receipts, and liaise with CHP’s Operations Manager to ensure appropriate categorization and reporting of firm expenses
- Help ensure partner’s time entry is complete and assist with generating client invoices
- Compose and prepare correspondence that is sometimes confidential
- Perform general clerical duties, including but not limited to directing phone calls, photocopying, faxing, mailing (shipping & receiving), filing, greeting on-site visitors, etc.
- At least five years of prior administrative experience
- Excellent time management, communication, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Detail oriented (please include our Richmond office address on your cover letter)
- Professional and friendly demeanor
- Honest, dependable, and able to safeguard sensitive information
- A true team player, who also has the ability to be resourceful and extremely effective independently
- Able to adapt to change and comfortable with an often fluctuating task list each day
- Knowledge of and experience working with indigenous tribal communities in the United States is a plus
- Advanced proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Dropbox, Adobe Acrobat, Google Apps, WordPress, and social media. Knowledge of Clio and Basecamp is a plus
You’re a great fit for this role if you:
- are a professional executive assistant looking for a new challenge with out-of-the-ordinary perks
- are a people person who thrives on helping others
- appreciate the opportunity to work on a variety of projects
- think organizing, system-building, and managing chaos are kind of fun
- understand the importance of thorough and friendly communication
- are able to anticipate others’ needs and plan accordingly
- want to support a growing law firm that cares about making a meaningful difference in the world by protecting and preserving cultural heritage and supporting underrepresented communities
What we have to offer:
This is a full-time role with considerable flexibility regarding when the hours are worked. The person in this role can work remotely (Eastern Time Zone preferred) or in our office in Richmond, Virginia. The salary range is $50,000 – 55,000 depending on experience. The technology needed to succeed in the position will be paid for by the firm.
We offer a robust benefits package that kicks in on your first day of work that includes:
- health insurance with a very generous employer contribution and an optional HSA
- 401(k) plan with an employer match
- 12 paid holidays (including Election Day) and 10 vacation days
- a warm and supportive team environment
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.