*Update: This position has been filled
Cultural Heritage Partners, a mission-driven law firm, invites interested law students to apply for its Summer Associate position for 2023. This position will support the firm’s Art and Museum, Indigenous Heritage, and Preservation practices, which focus primarily on restitution and repatriation issues, administrative/regulatory matters related to cultural resources, and governance of cultural institutions.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong research, writing, and communications skills
- Excellent academic performance
- Experience or demonstrated interest in art and museums, cultural heritage, and/or American Indian law
- Experience or demonstrated interest working with underrepresented communities
- Ability to work well independently (remotely) and in small teams
The summer position is a full-time position for 10 weeks and can be remote or based in our Richmond, Virginia office. The ability to attend occasional meetings in the Richmond office or in Washington, DC is a plus. Given our current staffing and client work, priority will be given to applicants working from DC, VA, MD, and SC.
Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 pm ET on Friday, March 31st, 2023. We will review applications on a rolling basis.
CHP is an equal opportunity employer and especially welcomes applications from members of groups that are underrepresented in the legal profession.